Betfair casino review
150% Deposit Bonus
Get up to µB 1,000,000 FREE!
- Software: Playtech, NetEnt, IGT (WagerWorks), WMS, Blueprint Gaming, The Games Company, Odobo, Red Tiger Gaming
- Deposit Methods: Cheque, ClickandBuy, Delta, Maestro, MasterCard, Neteller, PayPal, Solo, Visa Electron, Visa, Western Union, Bank Transfer Express, Skrill
- Withdrawal Methods: Cheque, Neteller, PayPal, Visa Electron, Visa, Bank Transfer Express, Skrill
- Withdrawal Limit: 500 000 GBP per day
One of the titans of online gambling with a massive sports exchange, Betfair ran into issues in 2010 with a poorly designed promotion that cost them a lot of money. There decision to seize a large number of players- balances rather than pay out for their own mistake was highly controversial.
In late 2015 Betfair merged with Paddy Power.
All six of the reviews who work regularly for this site hold accounts with Betfair casino and report no issues.
Betfair casino are one of the largest online casinos currently in operation, but ran into substantial issues due to a very poorly designed promotion in 2010.
The Happy Hour promotion offered players the opportunity to claim an unlimited number of 50% up to ?100 bonuses with a 10xbonus wagering requirement during a 4 hour period one Saturday during November. This bonus was massively over generous and gave even unskilled slots players who did not play substantially more than the wagering requirement a sizable edge over the casino.
Unsurprisingly, Betfair lost a hefty amount of money before they realised their mistake. Rather than paying players who had legitimately won on this promotion, Betfair chose to rectify their mistake by locking the accounts of players who participated in the Happy Hour promotions and confiscate winnings from players. There are also reports that they redeposited funds from players eWallet accounts to their Betfair accounts then confiscated their winnings and even one account that suggested that withdrawn funds have been taken out of a player’s bank account without permission.
Alongside this, Betfair made clear that they were not interested in discussing any player complaints related to this incident with any 3rd party mediation services and became uncommunicative with affected players.
More recently, when a player complaint was submitted to us, we found the Betfair team exceptionally willing to engage with our mediation process and actively listened and took action based on the advice we gave them – see. This positive attitude has encouraged us to remove Betfair from our Blacklist. As long as they maintain this positive attitude towards dealing with player complaints and refrains from any further “spirit of the bonus” fund confiscations their Trustworthiness stat will increase by one point every 6 month. Betfair’s Trustworthiness stat will be capped at 3 until the resolve the player complaints generated by the Happy Hour promotion.
It should be noted in this review that while Paddy Power are a very large and well-funded group, they have a history of management policies that boarder on unprofessional. To be clearer, they have on several occasions offered bets that could be construed as ethically bankrupts – such as a bet on when Polar Bears will go extinct and another that is widely viewed as a bet on whether US President Barak Obama will be assassinated.
In early 2015 this form was continued when they made tasteless tweets referencing the death of Eric Garner and other African Americans in police custody.
Alongside this, in quite a high profile case stemming from Shane Lowry’s 2009 victory at the Irish Open, Paddy Power refused to pay out on 3000:1 odds that they’d initially offered saying that they’d reached an agreement with the players involved. The nature of this agreement seems to have been very one sided with a lot of pressure supposedly having been exerted on said players.
In the last two years there have been a couple of concerning incidents involving Paddy Power. The first relates to a tournament where they changed the terms of the promotion then retroactively applied the rules. It’s one thing to change the terms and conditions from the point of change forward, but when you retroactively change the rules “due to your mistake ” players who would not have played in the promotions if the new rules had been there from the start are left with no recourse.
For references see Betfair Player Issues
You can see the latest updates to Betfair casino’s terms and conditions here.
- Payout Speed – 10/10
- Our reviewer reports their withdrawal being paid within 24 hours.
- Minimum Withdrawal – None listed
- Maximum Withdrawal – None listed.
- Banking Options Available -Credit/Debit cards, Neteller, Skrill (MoneyBookers), PayPal, PaySafeCard, Western Union, Bank Transfer, Cheque
- We recommend using Neteller for speed, convenience and security. To sign-up to Neteller click here.
- Customer Service – 0/10
Email Testing Record
- August 2015 – Need to login to get support
- November 2014 – No email support
- June 2014 – 8 hours
- December 2013 – 23 hours 39 minutes
- June 2013 – 3 hours 36 minutes
- Bonuses – 4/10
- To find out how our bonus ratings are calculated see Bonus Rating System.
- 200% up to $300.
- Sticky – Can never be withdrawn. Bonus will be removed from your account at the time of your first withdrawal.
- Wagering Requirements;
- Slots – 38xbonus
- Blackjack – 375xbonus
- Roulette – 188xbonus
- Baccarat – 188xbonus
- Video Poker – 750xbonus
- Table Poker – 188xbonus
- Adjustments to ratings;
- Game Restrictions (-1) – You are not allowed to play any Zero Lounge games with a bonus
- Game Weightings (already account for in Wagering Requirements)
- Slots (Excluding double options) 100%
- Arcade, Scratchcard Games and Fixed Odds Games (Excluding Spin A Win/Lucky Wheel) 100%
- Roulette (All Varieties excluding Zero Roulette and all varieties of French Roulette) 20%
- Card Games (All varieties excluding Red Dog, Casino Hold’em, Casino War & Wild Vikings) 20% Sic Bo 20%
- Blackjack (All varieties excluding Pontoon, Blackjack Surrender, Blackjack Switch, Zero Blackjack and Stravaganza) and French Roulette (All Varieties) 10%
- Craps 5%
- Video Poker (All varieties) 5%
- Pontoon, Blackjack Switch, Red Dog, Spin A Win/Lucky Wheel, Casino War, Casino Hold’em, Wild
- Vikings and Stravaganza 5%
- Zero Games, Blackjack Surrender and all double options on slots, Video Poker (All varieties) and Classic games* 0%
- Software – 10/10
- Betfair use Playtech software for their download casino. Check out our Playtech Software Review.
- Game selections are as follows;
- Table Games – 40
- Table Games – 37
- Slots – 130
- Slots – 74
- Video Poker – 15
- Video Poker – 16
- Live – 6
- Live – 4
- Jackpot – 54
- Jackpot – 32
- Slot House Edge – 10/10
- Betfair do release the house edge/RTP figures of all of the slots games they offer.
- Comp Points – 7/10
- Betfair offer the standard Playtech comp point program wherein you receive one comp point for every ?10 wagered and 100 comp points can be converted into ?1.
- Licencing – 10/10
Betfair hold the following gambling licenses :
United Kingdom Gambling Commission – The UKGC are widely considered to be the most reputable regulators involved in the online gambling market. They do not manage complaints for players directly, instead requiring their operators to appoint a UKGC accredited Alternative Dispute Resolution service. As such the value of this license for players depends largely on the professionalism of the ADR service utilised. Betfair currently use eCOGRA. You can find further information regarding this regulator’s complaint policies here.
Malta Gaming Authority – In our experience the MGA is the best regulatory authority in terms of the management of player complaints. Their complaints team is open and cooperative in the discussion of player issues and we’ve managed to resolve a number of credible player issues working with the MGA. You can find further information regarding this regulator’s complaint policies. You can find further information regarding this regulator’s complaint policies here.
The following countries are restricted from participation with Betfair – USA
- Contact Details ;
- Phone : UK: 0844 871 0000
- Ireland: 1800 944 000
- Australia: 1300 238 324
- International: 0044 203 059 8888
- Address : Betfair Helpdesk
- Icon One
- Lytton Way
- SG1 1AG
- United Kingdom
- Affiliate Program – Betfair Partnerships.